Have you ever been in a situation where you’ve lost your car keys and don’t have a spare? Yes! It’s a nightmare, especially if you’re far from home. However, with a car key replacement service, you’re likely to get back on the road in no time.
Top Rated Locksmith | License Number: HCLOC19001
Table of Contents
What Is a Car Key Replacement Service?
A car key replacement service is typically the process of replacing a lost car key or a broken one with a new one. 24/7 Mobile Locksmith is your go-to certified expert when you need such services. It provides warranty-guaranteed locksmith services on the spot to several areas in Florida to ensure its clients get access to their cars.
When Should You Replace Your Car Keys?
Various circumstances warrant remote car key replacement. They include:
- When the teeth of the key no longer match the locks, enough for it not to open the car. It’s usually a result of wear and tear.
- Another instance where you may need the services of a car key replacement locksmith is when the car keys get stuck on the locks.
- You’ll need to call a “mobile car key replacement near me” if your car keys break. An insured and certified technician from 24/7 Mobile Locksmith can help you out.
- You might need the services of a lost car key replacement when you lose or misplace them. A car key locksmith can come to you and easily have them made.
- If you notice your car keys are wrapped or bent, you may need a cheap car key replacement service.
- An attempted entry to your car may damage car locks. Therefore, you’ll need remote car key replacement to create new car keys for damaged locks.
If you’re looking for a car key replacement for cheap, don’t hesitate to contact us.
What Are Some of the Most Common Types of Car Keys?
Traditionally, the standard car keys were purely mechanical; put it in the ignition, and turn to start your car. Technological advancements in the auto industry have created other types to increase safety and aesthetics. Here are some of them:
- Car key fobs: It uses wireless signals to open your car. They were meant to be add-ons for convenience.
- Transponder car key: These are car keys with plastic heads embedded with a computer chip created for anti-theft. The keys rely on wireless connections between the key and the car before it allows the ignition to engage.
- Switchblade fob keys: After creating detached fobs, they released a combination of these two mechanisms that locks and unlocks with a spring fold-like switchblade.
- Smart key: Popularly known as key ignition. They’re associated with cars that have their start button on the dash. A good example is the slider key.
When you lose such car keys, you’ll need to contact a certified 24/7 Mobile Locksmith with tons of knowledge about different types of keys and how to replace them.
How Can Locksmiths Help with a Car Key Replacement?
If you’re in a situation where you need to replace a car key, you’ll need to follow the steps below to get the best outcome out of the car key replacement (remote) process.
Step 1: Contact a Locksmith
The first step of a car key replacement is contacting 24/7 Mobile Locksmith, which is known to provide emergency services that will reach you where you are. You’ll give out details of your car, including the make, model, and year so that the technician can come to fix the locks fully prepared. The expert will use this information to duplicate a new key.
Step 2: Diagnosis of Car Key Locks
The certified locksmith will look at the situation and determine the type of key they need to replace. At this juncture, the expert also chooses the type of replacement method they’ll go for.
Step 3: Car Key Replacement
Afterward, the experts will replace the key depending on your type. If you have smart keys, transponders, and car key fobs, the locksmith will need new ones that haven’t been programmed to provide key fob programming and transponder key programming services adequately.
The expert will easily duplicate a new key for you if you have standard car keys.
Step 4: Other Factors to Consider
When your key has been stolen, you’ll need to consider the entire security system of your car. This step is not necessary, but it’s highly recommended. The locksmith can change the transporter receiver and reprogram your key fob to a new frequency.
How Much Does a Car Key Replacement Service Cost?
The price of replacing a key depends on the type of car key needed. Overall, the cost of replacing remote key fobs ranges from $50 to over $100, depending on the car’s make and design complexity. Transponder keys, on the other hand, cost between $20 to $30.
Laser-cut keys are more on the expensive side when it comes to replacement. They range from $120 to $150. 24/7 Mobile Locksmith provides value for money services. It’ll provide an estimate of car key replacement costs before it sets on undertaking the tasks.
Our Car Key Replacement Is Available At
24/7 Mobile Locksmith for Car Key Replacement - Service Area
Our services are available to various Counties in Florida:
- If you’re in Tampa Bay, FL, and require the service of a “cheap car key replacement near me,” then you can contact 24/7 Mobile Locksmith at 855-2222-660. We provide swift mobile locksmith services from remote car key replacement, car duplication, and car key replacement fob, among other services.
- Car owners in Clearwater, FL, that require lost car key replacement or lockout services can contact 24/7 Mobile Locksmith. It is a Google guarantee expert you can trust. We understand how frustrating it is to be in a lockout situation. Therefore, we respond quickly to our clients within the first 30 minutes of calling.
- Do you need the services of a “locksmith car key replacement near me”? 24/7 Mobile Locksmith is your best bet in St Petersburg, FL. We provide mobile car key replacement battery services to all car owners.
Car Key Replacement Near Me - 24/7 Mobile Locksmith
When you need car key replacement services in Florida, it’s imperative you seek help from 24/7 Mobile Locksmith. We guarantee exceptional services, as seen from our outstanding customer reviews. Moreover, our technicians are insured and certified; therefore, you can only expect the best outcome.
Our services are also affordable, ensuring you easily get access to your car without digging deep into your pockets. We understand how car lockouts are frustrating; we, therefore, ensure we swiftly come to where you are as soon as possible. Reach out to us at 855-2222-660 when you need a “locksmith near me for a car key replacement.”
Frequently Asked Questions:
You don’t need an original key. It will, however, come in handy when you require car replacement services – it can easily be duplicated without the need to determine the key code. If your key fob does not have a metal blade, then an extra will do more than prove ownership.
A locksmith can make a new key without an original in place. Various modern key replacement techniques don’t require the presence of an original car key. Once 24/7 Mobile Locksmith verifies car ownership, we can cut a new key from your code with your Vehicle Identification Number.
Our team of certified and insured technicians can easily program a new transponder key. The new transponder key must have a blank chip for the process to work. 24/7 Mobile Locksmith makes this process seamlessly stress-free.
The process is easy with exceptional locksmiths on board. You’ll need to buy a new car key replacement fob that hasn’t been programmed for the car key fob replacement to work. Our experts can acquire and program key fobs and smart keyless entry devices. Regardless of the kind of car key replacement you require, 24/7 Mobile Locksmith is here to help.
You can contact the dealership to get your key replaced, but it’ll take time and is quite expensive. If you want competitive prices for the same service, then you need to contact 24/7 Mobile Locksmith. We purchase new key fobs, transponder keys, and keyless ones, then program them and cut the keys.
The car key replacement costs range from $60 for a standard key, which is the cheapest car key replacement to $250 for modern smart keys. Moreover, the price will depend on the model and make of the car. If you need a car key duplication and replacement, reach out to 24/7 Mobile Locksmith at 855-2222-660 for an estimate regarding the lost car key replacement cost.
A certified and insured technician can create a new key from your Vehicle Identification Number. The expert will, however, need to verify you are the car’s owner and then attain a key code from the VIN to cut a new key. Trust certified 24/7 Mobile Locksmith to provide exceptional services.